Rebuild Our Sierras is the fundraising campaign and ongoing rebuild effort supported by the Shaver Lake Visitors Bureau. Our goal is to unify fundraising efforts and distribute immediate funds as necessary to rebuild all of the communities and families affected by this fire. Our efforts will not only help Shaver Lake but also every mountain and foothill community in Fresno County.
We offer several ways to get involved:
Your donations today, will help rebuild the beauty of our mountain and foothill communities for tomorrow’s generations. To donate, please click the donation button. You will be prompted to use PayPal. A receipt will be emailed to you within 48 hours.
- 100% of all donations and proceeds will be returned to the community and individuals affected by the creek fire incident.
- For those applying for assistance, the SLVB is finalizing the system and, an announcement will be made shortly on how to proceed.
- We are not equipped as a first response disaster relief team, but there are organizations and individuals out there meeting these needs.
- Our work really starts when other relief organizations move on and our community is left to pick up the pieces this devastating disaster.
- At the moment, we still don’t fully understand what the community needs.
- As roads open up and people can get back to their properties, the big picture will start to unfold.
- 15% of donations $1000 - $20,000 will go to our operational fund. For larger donations, we will contact the donor to discuss details of distribution.
- You can also mail your check to the address below. Please put ""Rebuild Our Sierra"" in the memo field.
Shaver Lake Visitors Bureau
P.O. Box 467
Shaver Lake, CA 93664
JOIN OUR STEERING COMMITTEE
Similar to a Board of Directors, this team will build the fundraising efforts and ultimately determine how funds are used to help rebuild. Right now, we are looking for people with a passion for our Sierras and the following areas of expertise.
- Legal / Attorney
- Events management
- Mountain construction / commercial or residential development
Please fill out the form to join. You will be contacted within 24 hours.